Home> Conservation Unit>Chen’s Ancestral Hall

Chen’s Ancestral Hall

A provincial conservation unit, the hall is located in No.7 Cayuan Alleyway in Cicheng, built by Chen Jiahe, decedent of Song idealist school founder Chen Yi and Chen Hao, in the 55th year of Qing Emperor Qianlong’s reign. The inscription on the interior wall records the history of the Chen’s clan since Chen Hualong the Emperor’s son-in-law moved to Cixi in the Southern Song Dynasty (1194-1200A.C.). The hall is a well-preserved triangular courtyard representing the architectural style of the later Qing ancestral halls.